Alwaght - Once again the
Saudi Regime violated the ‘truce’ agreement with Yemen by executing an air raid
in Northwestern Sa’ada killing around 9 Yemeni civilians.
Al Saud
regime previously announced a temporary halt to its nearly seven weeks of military
campaign against its impoverished neighbor country, but after that announcement
Saudi regime attacked several times.
This
time the local sources said that the Yemenis were killed by an Apache
helicopter attack in the al-Safiya region in northwestern Sa’ada Province on
Thursday.
Earlier
in the day, Saudi warplanes bombarded locations
in the southern port city of Aden and the southern provinces of Hajjah and Abyan.
Saudi
Arabia’s pounding of Yemen continues unabated despite the declaration of a
five-day ceasefire in the war-wracked country. Saudi Arabia is violating a
ceasefire in Yemen that came into effect on Tuesday.
On
Wednesday, Yemen's Arabic-language al-Masirah satellite television network
reported that Saudi warplanes hit the district of Malahidh
in Sa’ada.
Meanwhile, the spokesman of
Yemen's Ansarullah movement warned Saudi regime that his country will firmly
respond to any violations of the ceasefire. He also said the movement will
retaliate against attacks by terrorist al-Qaeda-allied forces loyal to
fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi.
This
is while Russia recently called on all parties to the conflict in Yemen to
engage in dialogue as soon as possible for a political solution to the
current situation there.
Saudi
regime started its military aggression against Yemen on March 26 - without a UN
mandate - in a bid to undermine Ansarullah movement, which currently controls
the capital, Sana’a, and other major provinces, and to restore power to Hadi,
who was a puppet-president for Al Saud.
According
to the latest UN figures, the Saudi military campaign has so far claimed the
lives of over 1,400 people and injured close to 6,000 others, roughly half of
whom have been civilians.
Whereas actual death toll
is almost triple the number reported by the UN.
The
Al Saud regime had also imposed a blockade on the delivery of relief
supplies to the war-stricken people of Yemen in defiance of calls by
international aid groups.